Effective Date: September 2, 2022
Last Updated: September 29, 2022
1. Types of personal information Collected
We may collect personal information from or about you in order to provide, enhance, market, and offer our products and services offered via the Platform, and to otherwise communicate with you. This section describes the categories of personal information we may collect, including personal information we have collected in the past twelve months. You are not required to give us all the personal information identified in this Notice; however, if you do not provide requested personal information, we may not be able to provide you with some or all of our services.
Contact and Demographic Information – name; email address; and time zone;
Payment Information – If you make a purchase, we will collect your payment information including your credit card information and billing address, together with your purchase details.
Account Information – We may also collect Slack user ID.
Usage Information – We may also collect usage and device information when you use the Platform. This may include information relating to your Internet activity or other electronic network activity, which includes device information; device information; browsing activities, and platform or mobile application use data; referring domain; destination domain and destination path; performance, security; website user statistics and website and portal use and viewing activity records; and communication preferences.
Communication Information - We may collect audio, electronic, or visual information, which includes screen sharing views; any data in any files uploaded, emailed or otherwise provided by customers; the contents of your communications with Pringa, whether via email, social media, telephone or otherwise; and inferences we may make from other personal information we collect.
2. Method of Information Collection
We collect personal information in a variety of ways. We collect personal information directly from you; for example, when you visit our websites, respond to a survey, participate in a telephone interaction, fill out a registration form or otherwise use our software, or communicate with us through one of our websites to receive information about our business to business services or to schedule a demonstration of our products or programs, and if you expressed interest in being contacted by us at a trade show in which we participated or hosted.
We may also collect personal information from third parties. For example, we may collect personal information from service providers that help us to build and maintain our contact lists, integrate their services into ours, or in other ways work with us for our mutual benefit.
We also collect personal information from you passively. For example, our Platform uses Slack APIs that can provide identity and contact information.
3. Combining Personal Information
We may combine the personal information we obtain. For example, we may combine personal information that we have collected online with personal information that we have collected offline, for instance during calls between you and our support team. We may also combine personal information that we have collected across other third-party sites or from other third parties with personal information we already have.
4. How We Use Personal Information
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may use personal information to:
- operate our Platform and provide support to our business functions;
- fulfill customer requests, such as to create a Pringa account or complete customer purchases;
- protect against criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
- send customers information regarding Pringa, our Platform, and our products and services;
- respond to reviews, comments, or other feedback provided to us;
- support and personalize our Platform, products and services, websites, mobile services, and advertising;
- protect the security and integrity of our Platform, content, and our business; provide customer support;
- the extent required for benchmarking, data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our Platform, facilitating product, software and applications development, improving our services, conducting research, analysis, studies or surveys, identifying usage trends, as well as for other analytics purposes;
- meet our contractual requirements;
- comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements and our policies;
- communicate with our customers, including to provide them with information about our products, programs, services and promotions;
- market, advertise, and provide our Platform; and
- the extent necessary for any other lawful purpose for which the personal information is collected.
5. Sharing personal information
We may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers – When we hire a service provider to help operate the Platform or our business, we may allow access to personal information as necessary to perform the service for us. This may include service providers that operate our Platform, send our communications, or run our promotions.
- Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures- If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of transfer or sale of some or all of our business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, personal information may be transferred along with the business. Where legally required we will give you prior notice and, if you have a legal right to do so, an opportunity to object to this transfer.
- Purposes described to you – We may share your personal information for other purposes, as we describe to you and as permitted by applicable law.
6. Cookies and Other Technologies
We collect information about users over time on the Platform by using several common types of cookies and other tracking technologies including log files, pixel tags, web bugs, web beacons, clear GIFs, Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 and Flash or other similar technologies to collect information about the ways you interact with and use the Pringa Platform, to support and enhance features and functionality, to monitor performance, to personalize content and experiences, for marketing and analytics, and for other lawful purposes. We may also permit third parties that collect information in this way on our behalf and for their own purposes. Cookies are small files that download when you access certain websites. For more information about cookies visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
To assist us with analyzing our website traffic through cookies and similar technologies, we use analytics services such as Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of your information, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ Platforms or apps.” You can opt-out of Google Analytics by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
We may use a variety of cookies:
These cookies collect information about how you use the Pringa Products and Services, including which pages you go to most often and if they receive error messages from certain pages. The information collected via these cookies is only used to improve how the Platform functions and performs.
Functionality cookies allow the Platform to remember information you have entered or choices you make (such as your username, language, or your region) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies also enable you to optimize your use of the Platform after logging in.
Targeting or Advertising
By way of example, as you visit the Platform, advertising cookies may be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our advertising partners then enable us to present you with retargeted advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with the Platform.
Third parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on the Platform or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity, use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored.
Most internet browsers accept cookies by default. You can accept, or block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to reject all or some cookies. You may also be able to change your cookie preferences via the Platform. The help and support area on your internet browser should have instructions on how to block or delete cookies. Some web browsers (including some mobile web browsers) provide settings that allow you to control or reject cookies or to alert you to when a cookie is placed on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
7. Children Under the Age of 13
The Platform is meant for adults and we will not knowingly collect personal information from any person under the age of 13 without permission from a parent or guardian. The Platform is not designed to attract the attention of persons under the age of 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child has given us information you can email us at email@example.com. You can also write to us at the address listed in the “Contact Us” section of this Notice. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Inquiry.”
8. Your Choices
Depending on where you are located, you may have certain choices about how we use your personal information, including the right to access, receive a copy of, correct, delete, and opt-out of the processing of, your Personal Data. To exercise your rights (including to opt-out of marketing communications) please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the instructions included in the email or text correspondence.
Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain correspondence, we may still need to contact you with important transactional or administrative information, as permitted by law. Additionally, if you withdraw your consent or object to processing, or if you choose not to provide certain personal information, we may be unable to provide some or all of the services to you.
9. Information for Individuals in the EU and UK
In accordance with European and UK law (collectively, the “GDPR”), individuals in the EU and/or UK may have additional rights relating to the collection and processing of personal information.
a. Basis for Processing
Our legal basis for processing the personal information described in this Notice will depend on the personal information concerned and the context in which we process it. We process personal information from you:
- where we need it to perform a contract with you;
- where the processing is in our legitimate interests (including the purposes described, above, in How We Use personal information);
- where the processing is necessary for us to meet our applicable legal obligations; or
- if we otherwise have your consent.
b. Your Privacy Rights
Depending on applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information.
- Request correction of your personal information.
- Request erasure of your personal information. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal information.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal information..
- Request the transfer of your personal information to you or to a third party.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or would like further information please contact us at email@example.com. Depending on the nature of your request, we may need to verify your identity.
Depending on where you are located, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority or other regulatory agency if you believe that we have violated any of the rights concerning personal information. We encourage you to first reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the address in the “Contact Us” section below, so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly before you do so.
10. Storage, Security and Retention of Information
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information users share with us, including, but not limited to, setup of processes, equipment and software to avoid unauthorized access or disclosure of this information. No transmission of information via the Internet can be entirely secure, however, so please always use caution when submitting personal information. We will retain your personal information in compliance with the uses described in this Notice, as well as to comply with our legal, financial reporting, or compliance obligations.
11. Transfers of Personal Information
We process and store personal information both inside the United States and overseas. If you live outside of the United States, be advised that we may transfer your personal information to the United States and other countries, whose laws may not provide the same protections as the laws in your country. Personal information transferred outside of the European Economic Area will be subject to the appropriate safeguards pursuant to GDPR and other applicable law, including without limitation, standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
12. Contacting Pringa
If you have any questions about this Notice or the privacy practices of Pringa please email us at email@example.com
This Notice may be amended from time-to-time. Unless otherwise indicated, any changes to this Notice will apply immediately upon posting to the Platform so please check our site periodically for updates. You can see when this Notice was last updated by reviewing the “Last Updated” legend at the top of this page. We will provide notice of material changes by updating the Notice here, and communicating with you in the manner and format in which we typically communicate with you in our regular course of business, as required by applicable law.